SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sshrivastava

Tried chlorine bleach for first time... blech!

sshrivastava
12 years ago

Yesterday I broke into a stash of old towels and washcloths that looked quite dingy. I read many posts on the internet that LCB (liquid chlorine bleach) is the best way to whiten fabrics once they become dingy. So yesterday I ran my first load ever using LCB...

WHAT A FRAUD!

After my Extra White cycle was finished, my towels smelled like they were soaking in the swimming pool all day long. The stench of chlorine was ridiculously overpowering. I had filled the LCB container to the line as indicated in my washer manual and ran the load through 4 rinses and at a high spin speed. PEE YOO!

Not only did my towels reek of chlorine, but the LCB did absolutely nothing to whiten them! They came out as dingy as they went in, except with that lovely swimming pool smell! So I re-ran the load with Persil and a strong dose of sodium percarbonate (3 TBSP just percarbonate) and everything came out DAZZLING WHITE!

Unbelievable. The sodium percarbonate whitened far better than the LCB, and of course it's natural and leaves no residual chemical smell. I will never use LCB again. I can't believe people use this nasty stuff on their laundry!

Comments (42)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm