SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinker1121

hate my maytag bravos he top loader washer

tinker1121
9 years ago

I bought this thing three years ago and really need to replace it. My clothes come out all wrinkled, towels and washcloths do not seem clean (after using a clean towel or kitchen cloth they have a musty and not fresh scent), things get all twisted such as my tops, sheets twist all together and using the designated settings such as Bulky, Sheets, Colors & Towels does not really make a difference.

I have contacted Maytag several times and they have me "tips" such as don't wash all towels, all pants, all sheets together and mix the loads. This makes no sense and is really inconvenient. These HE top loaders have no agitator in the center which causes issues with stretching things across the width of the washer.

It also has a "Clean the Washer" alert where once per month or so you run bleach thru it or Afresh Washer Cleaner which in itself is ridiculous to have to clean my washer. If it used enough water (I learned to use the Heavy Soil for all loads as that is the maximum amount of water the thing will fill with) but I have already paused and opened the washer mid cycle and items on the top of the load had dry spots.

As soon as I can find a way to put it on CL, feel like moving my kitchen range to allow for delivery for a new washer down the basement stairs, this thing is history. Tired of twisted and wrinkled clothes that need much ironing, clean wash does not seem clean at all and ironically this HE has not changed our water bill at all. I will purchase a GE traditional type washer with an agitator next.

Just had to vent and warn others not to buy this. They are sold at the HD and I truly think the big box stores stock the not so great appliance models.

Comments (10)