SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marmoreus_gw

please vote on layout options

marmoreus
14 years ago

This is my last chance for layout input before we get things set in stone. I have already received some great input from some of you GWers and really wish I would have done this BEFORE we were framed in!

So even though I know my kitchen is disappointing to those of you who have chimed in already, I need to ask for help one last time on this.

So from the plan I am posting, it will remain pretty much like that except we will be bumping the mudroom entry and garage entry doors about 3 feet to the north. My DH doesn't want to switch the mudroom and pantry which was one change being considered.

From Drop Box

So with the entry door change please vote on which arrangement is the most functional in your opinion. If I am leaving out better options, please feel free to add them.

Also, with all these ideas, I will have the island shift a bit toward the dining area to widen the aisle on the opposite side and also separate the range and sink more. We will also be doing a built-in fridge now if that makes a difference.

1. Add extra cabinetry to the left side of the range.

2. Add extra cabinetry to right side of range.

3. Place oven/micro cabinet on left end of range run. Add more cabinetry in spot where oven used to be.

4. Place fridge on left end of range run and oven on the far right. Again add cabinetry to old oven spot.

5. Oven/micro on left end of range run. Extra cabinetry to the right or left of range. Fridge where oven used to be.

Okay. I know there are more combinations, but I'll stop now. Basically, with that extra 3 feet of space, how should we arrange things for the best functionality that can be had with this setup?

I go back and forth from having the fridge closer to the dining table or closer to the pantry. Traffic coming in from the south entry and great room to the fridge would stay out of the working area by having it in the corner or where the oven is currently. But for traffic from the dining area and from the garage it would work better on the left end.

I appreciate you wading through this and offering any thoughts you might have.

Thanks so much!

Comments (17)