SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb123_gw

Olsen Oil furnace cracked heater exchange

deb123
17 years ago

Hello, I would like your ideas regarding our problem. We purchased an Olsen Oil furnace in 1991, it was installed by a professional HAVAC man, who had serviced our previous oil furnace for 6 years. He praised this Olsen product and said it was the best. We had the new furnace serviced each year,had our chimney and flue cleaned two years ago, did everything your suppose to do. Approx. two weeks ago we noticed soot on our windows-when I cleaned them, then soot on our walls. Two years ago our old HVAC guy retired and moved so we went with a new company. He found a crack at the top where the unit is welded. Olsen will not honor the 20 year warranty on the heat exchg.!! They said 15 years is reasonable and the new company "ECR International" won't honor previous warranties. Am I being unrealistic? This crack could have killed us with CO. My phone call to their 800 number has gone unreturned. Our Insurance company has been to our home, I am waiting for the estimate of clean up costs. I have told our HVAC co. to order the new heat exchg. because right now we have no heat,since 11/27. we will pay for it. Does this happen alot-companies wiggling out of their warranties? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (4)