SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kodiak13

First time owner of a FL, have some questions on soaps

kodiak13
11 years ago

Hello everyone! After six years of battling with a lemon Kenmore Elite Oasis canyon capacity washer (broke every year since we bought it) we've finally bought a new washer today. Got the Samsung WF331ANR. I have 30 days [that's the return with no penalty time period] of use to see if it's worth the money so I want to use it right and avoid smells, etc. I've seen others mention powder is best for these front loaders, not to use fabric softener, avoid chlorine bleach...what should I use? Keep in mind we live in the country, Wal Mart is the only store other than two small grocery stores. Online ordering isn't something I'm interested in, though I don't have a problem getting components and mixing my own. Our needs are heavy duty -- four teen boys, three adults (mother lives in a MIL apartment on our property) and five dogs total (three for me and two for Mom).

I want clean laundry again. I can't wait to put a load in and have a machine that will actually *finish* instead of banging about like a possessed animal before flashing the dreaded 'uL'.

All advice is heartily appreciated!

Comments (13)