SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
massagegirl_gw

Delivery - Bookcase won't fit thru the door

massagegirl
13 years ago

http://www.ballarddesigns.com/tuscan-large-center-bookcase/10403

I've been looking forever for a flush set of white bookcases to give a built-in look. I want to use the large center unit to hold my tv (I don't like the look of media consoles) and decorate the side units with books and all sorts of decorative things. I thought this would be a more up-dated version of a wall-unit or a tv armoire.

I love the look of painted white furniture and my options are very limited, so I've been coming back to these Ballard bookcases again and again. Finally ordered them (and waited...) and they couldn't get the large center unit into my apartment!

If taking the outside door off the hinges doesn't work I'm afraid I'm out of options. Having these custom made will be unaffordable for me at twice the price (I checked all over) not to mention a 3 month wait while my tv sits precariously on a cardboard box.

Does anyone out there think that a skilled carpenter might be able to saw off the crown molding and re-attach it once the bookcase is inside? The molding is not removeable and it's not exactly the best quality furniture.

I'm desperate to get this bookcase in and I'm thinking where there's a will there's a way, but I don't know what to do.

I know I'm not the first person to have this problem!

Comments (19)