SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chriish

Need new washer/laundry room in damp basement

chriish
15 years ago

I need to replace my 5 yr.old Amana washing machine(which has been leaking - again - and will apparently cost me $500 to repair it - the same amount it cost to buy it!) I am very interested in the Fisher & Paykel (WA37TG1)- but because my basement is on the damp side, I am wondering if this would affect the electronic panel. Seems from other posts I have read that although a good machine, people have experienced various problems with it- but then every machine I read about seems to have its pros and cons.

If not a Fisher & Paykel, I am considering one of the GE Profiles (WPRE 6100GWT or WPRE 8150GWT). Can anyone recommend either of these machines?

I am looking to buy at Lowe's as we have a $100 credit. The salesman I talked to there, said he would recommend a Fisher & Paykel, then a Maytag, but never a GE...Are they on commission at Lowe's or are GE's really bad? I can't imagine anything worse than an Amana - ours started to leak less than a year after we purchased it.

Should I expect a washing machine to last more than 5 years nowadays. I thought machines should last at least 10 years.

Neither my husband or myself are handy whatsoever, so I am very impressed w/those who can repair their own machines.

Thanks for any and all suggestions/information.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz