SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Please critique my floorplan

Fori
11 years ago

Please critique my floorplan. :)

Exact measurements for cabinets TBD--we will use custom cabinets so things don't need to be in increments of 3". I have the fridge in a 40" cabinet which is wrong but will be using a 36" model. The oven cabinet is 30". Basically I want to get the appliances in position before filling the gaps with cabinets.

Smallish 1950s kitchen, original footprint. Plumbing/electric can be moved (I want new plumbing anyway). Hood vent can be anywhere since currently it's absent. Single story home on a crawl space foundation. Door on the bottom can be moved around somewhat as it doesn't exist yet, but I thought centering it to the window would be nice and making it wider than the other doors would make it uhhhh wider. If it is moved much over, it will open into living room and not dining room.

Across the top are 27" lowers and 15" uppers. (We may go to 30" and 18".) Sink about 30" wide. DW to (viewer's) right of sink, trash on left of sink.

Bottom wall is standard 15" over 24" cabinets (cabinets flanking hood and hood are not pictured but should ideally be above cooktop). So left to right on bottom wall, there is a small section for toaster/coffee pot in the corner (shape TBD), pocket doorway into dining room, builtin fridge, cooktop (drawn as 36", could be 30"), oven stack.

Door by oven goes to entry hall, door at other end opens to a little room with pantry and doors to half bath, back yard, and garage.

A small table goes in the empty spot.

Use wise, there are one to 4 people in the kitchen. Doors are usually open. Lots of traffic going through the kitchen. We're aware of the oven-in-doorway issue and have lived like that long enough to be happy with it there.

How bad is this?

This post was edited by fori on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 17:13

Comments (12)