SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mstmint

Need Frontloading 2nd Floor Next to Nursery Advice

mstmint
16 years ago

We are moving to a house that is new construction. The laundry room is on the second floor, right next to the nursery. So, I need a w/d that are quiet and don't vibrate the house.

I went to Lowe's and they talked me into the Silvercare Samsung (which was the most expensive on their floor) because of the lack of vibration and the lack of noise. I don't need the silvercare, and it looks like it might be a little questionable anyway.

What brands would you guys recommend? My last w/d was a toploading basic Maytag, and I was very happy with that. I am a pretty basic laundry do-er. I rarely do anything besides cold, and I wash on hot if things are dirty or really smelly.

I would rather not buy through Sears (although I will if I need to), as I have had a number of really bad experiences with them. I would rather buy through Lowe's if possible because I do like their customer service. We are looking to buy within the week.

Also, do you find the risers worth the money?

So, I am looking for a second floor, frontloader that does not need a lot of bells and whistles.

Thanks so much for helping me out.

-Meredith

Comments (11)