SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnlaw

Quote for new construction: please help

mtnlaw
15 years ago

I posted about an ERV issue earlier today, and after looking at some old posts commenting on Trane quotes I thought I would ask about this proposal. My quote looks much higher than some I've seen on the site, but honestly I don't know if I'm comparing apples to apples. Please let me know if you need any other information to give me an idea of whether it sounds reasonable. Thanks.

We will furnish and install the equipment listed below at the price, terms and conditions outlined on this proposal.

EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS

Make: Trane Model Number(s): 4TWX6024B1000A 4TEE3F31B1000A BATHTR1410000A

SEER: 17.1 HSPF: 9.1 Btuh Cooling: 24,000 Btuh Heating: 24,000

Installation shall include: a Trane XL16i two stage heat pump with a Trane, variable speed 10kw air handler installed with a three zone automatic control system to allow temperature control form each of the three zones. Set air handler in basement mechanical room and run ductwork in trusses as space allows. This XL16i system will remove up to 25 gallons of water a day with its two stage compressor and variable speed air handler.

Duct made of metal trunk duct and flex drops. Duct seams sealed with mastic for maximum efficiency. Air supply in each room as needed and returns on all floors. We will have three main zones: Main living area 1st floor, Master bedroom 1st floor, basement floor. Each of these areas will have temperature controls to deliver the highest level of comfort.

Set outdoor unit, run line set, mount thermostat, vent furnace, run drain lines, vent dryer and bath fans (run vent only, siding contractor to install termination covers and start up unit. This proposal does not include electrical. All work will meet NC Building Codes.

Total Investment: $ 17,597.39

Warranty: ManufacturerÂs 10 year warranty on compressor, coils and parts. We will give a 5 year workmanship warranty on all ductwork and a one-year warranty on parts and labor by _________________.

Options: Whole house media filter: $ 485.00 Trane Clean Effects air cleaner: $ 1,085.65 Venmar ERV: $ 2,186.54 Gas piping: 1st drop $ 435.00 each additional drop $ 325.00 Whole House True Steam Humidifier: $ 1,286.43

Comments (3)