SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

December ritual. Deep cleaning. Am I the only one?

golddust
13 years ago

While most people put up their tree right after Thanksgiving, this is house cleaning month for me. I have a very big house and some rooms just never get used. I oil the wood paneling, wash every dish in my (huge) built in china cabinet, wash my light fixtures and windows, pack away non Christmas decorations and toss out things that need tossed - in every single room of my house. I'm lucky to put my tree up by the 10th. By the time the tree goes up, the house sparkles.

By Christmas, my house is throughly detailed and open house ready. No dust bunnies under the sofa and not a speck of dust or clutter anywhere. Leather sofas are conditioned and even the bathtub and toilets are polished to a shine (verses just the normal cleaning, I dry and polish the toilets, tubs and sinks).

I start with things that will stay clean and work toward the fine details closer to Christmas. (I have a really big house.) Anyone else keep this kind of schedule or does your house stay pristine all the time? If my house stayed pristine, I'd do nothing but clean - ever.

Comments (18)