SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

Do any of you have a spayed dog that seemingly has a cycle?

amicus
10 years ago

I posted this on the Pet Forum but got no responses. My daughter adopted two rescue dogs a few years ago. The male was neutered and the female was spayed before she got them. For almost a year, the 3 year old female has had a faded rust color discharge. If she's lying on the sofa or her dog pillow, we often find a discoloration when she gets up.
The 'leaks' only cover an area about the size of 2 quarters, but they do have an unpleasant odor. For hygenic reasons we always wipe off any spots immediately. However, during the course of the night, she leaves several spots on her dog pillowcase, so it must be washed at least every other day. The male dog is always sniffing her and sometimes tries to hump her, although we know nothing can happen because they are both fixed.

My daughter has taken her dog to two Vets, and neither gave any diagnosis (or seemed concerned) about the discharge, as all bloodwork and exams came back perfectly normal. (The dog seems perfectly healthy, other than having the discharge.) Do any of you have a young female dog that has similar discharge to an unspayed dog? What did your Vet say about it? Thank you kindly for your help.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!