SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rxa44

Best Front-Loader, Miele or Bosch?

rxa44
15 years ago

We're installing a washer/dryer on the second floor of our house (a long-time dream of mine not to haul down to the basement anymore!), and I'm not sure which front loaders to get. They'll be underneath countertops, so we need front controls. Since they're next to a baby and toddler's bedrooms, I need the quietest ones possible, and ones that will hold up to frequent use.

I'm not so keen on all the bells and whistles, I'm really just looking for a washer to get clothes clean and not rip off the buttons of my son's shirts, as our current Kenmore does. I don't need 16 cycles, just basic options would be nice. And since the machines will be in a hallway, I'd like ones that don't have mildew issues unless the doors are kept open (ie the LG Tromm, if the posts on this board are any indication).

So I'm thinking the Miele or Bosch w/d. But am open to other ideas as well. Any thoughts would be most appreciated! I'm willing to pay for these, since they're kind of central in our house. We probably use them more than the stove these days...

Comments (9)