SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sister_lee

Possibly returning Kenmore HE Washer/Dryer

sister_lee
15 years ago

Hi.

I bought a Sears Kenmore HE washer and HE2 dryer -- front loaders. I suppose I made my decision in haste, I'm afraid.

The washer doesn't really seem to clean effectively. For example, mildly soiled towels, from doing extensive housework and/or gardening then washing and drying hands, barely get clean after I run a pre-soak cycle with bleach, then a normal wash cycle. This takes a full hour to do. Sanitize takes 3 hours, the Whites Whites cycle takes 2 hours. How the heck are these machines considered energy efficient if they are running for 3 hours?

Yesterday, I threw three towels in the dryer on High for 40 minutes and they still weren't dry. Did another 30 minute cycle and the thickest of these still was slightly damp. Crazy...imo.

Anyway, I searched the forum for info on these machines and, if I remember right, read some mixed reviews a while back. Didn't turn up anything when I searched again tonight so I hope this doesn't repeat other posts. Apologies if it does.

Anyone have experience with these? Suggestions for good front loaders that don't take 2-3 hours to clean clothes? I am really, really amazed by the poor performance. Thinking of replacing with a Frigidaire mechanical front loader (don't know the model #).

Thanks!

Comments (3)