SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinatark

Beware Lowe's Appliance Sales

tinatark
16 years ago

After much research, I decided on a Fisher Paykel washer (WL26CW2) and dryer (DE27CW1) pair. The local appliance store had a good price, but it wasn't in stock. Lowe's offered it at full msrp and had 2 sets in stock, the display and a boxed set. They wouldn't price match the other store, but did agree to discount it 10%, making it just a little more than at the other store. My old pair is dead, so I plunked down the $ for it yesterday, for delivery this morning. This is when things started getting FUN!

My "morning" delivery ended up being at 1:45 this afternoon...

The dryer top was dirty - not dusty, but had almost a film on top of it... the delivery guy said it was from the inside of his truck.

They installed the dryer, and called me in, saying there was a problem - the door latch was broken. They thought Lowe's would replace the lid... ummm, no, that's not accepable! I told them to call the store manager, if they took 20% off the price I would accept a repair, otherwise they could sell me another pair at a really great price. They wouldn't do the 20% so I refused delivery, arranged to meet the manager at the appliance section after I picked up kids. Did some very quick research on the Bosch pair (it was my second choice).

Got to Lowe's - went back to the appliance section, and there was a BIG, GAPING hole where the floor model pair had been! They had brought the floor models! I was livid... didn't pay for floor models, I had paid for an in box set! Grrr, apparently they "couldn't find" the boxed set so just brought those, not expecting me to figure that out. As I fumed, the manager sent someone out to the storage area to see if he could find the boxes... they found them and now they'll be delivered in the morning, or so they say.

Hopefully, I will have a great new washer and dryer tomorrow!

BTW - while they were "looking" for the box set, the manager offered me the floor model pair for $650 each. At that point I was definitely considering taking him up on his offer and wait for the new dryer lid. These are $898 and $859 each normally.

I have a headache from this! I am going to write a letter to Lowe's corporate, as I was deliberately misled. I am still fuming! Smells like a classic bait and switch operation to me.

Comments (28)