SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rbpdx

Countertop advice & also Friday Share!

rbpdx
12 years ago

I joined this forum AFTER we ordered cabinets. Many thanks - it helps us make other decision (faucet/sink)This is a combo of DIY(we are the GC) and hiring experts

Below is the link to the album: Picasa Album

Cabinet : Custom made (rustic cherry - natural stain)

Appliances: We had SS app from previous house, bought a new microwave and DW. Keeping the free standing gas range & SS single Fridge.

Sink: Elkay composite (Ferguson CS said it has more quartz content than Blanco)

Faucet: Delta Velino (I really want the touch20 but running out of budget)

Floor: 18x18 HD stock tile

Backsplash: HD clearance mosaic tile: Jeffrey Court Neptune 12 in. x 12 in. BlueGrayAsh Brick Mosaic Tile 99439 Inet ID 202817681

Paint:

Work that's farmed out:

Plumbing - to move gas line in the wall, install sinks/faucets, ice maker

Electrician - add more outlet and dedicated microwave/Garbage disposal. Recessed lighting

Drywall - remove wall from dining to kitchen and texturing the ceiling to smooth vs texture

Tile

We demo the kitchen ourselves.(removed the saufet and nasty insulation)

We have decided to go forward with granite countertop (although I really like quartz). We have picked a fabricator and we need to pick a slab with dimension 120x60. Below are what we've narrowed down:

Any input will be appreciated. Fabricator recommends seam at the middle sink (suggestion otherwise?)

kashmir white 3*124*74

Imperial Gold exotic 3*125*74

madurai gold 3*128*77

surf green 3*128*78

Golden Dream 3*129*78

I've included the mini bathroom reno also (bath was done by the previous owner but they decided to leave the blue laminate countertop) We decided to do double sink and have the cabinet made as well. The fabricator will throw in the remnant with the kitchen job.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022