SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avidinternet

Just got a new polished Absolute Black counter top,,, 2 problems~

avidinternet
13 years ago

The workers had to break out a long strip of drywall to make the black counter top line up at the seam so needless to say it was all really super dusty and smeary when they left...After we came home from dinner last night I cleaned all the dust and smears off of the Absolute black counter top. The whole thing looks great except right in front of the kitchen sink, smack dab in the middle there is a 3"x2" area that has a gray streak.

I cleaned it really good but it looks like there is something different under the shine. The whole counter is nice and black except for that one place. What can we do to fix that? If it were in the back or something I could cover it but where it is is right in the front of the sink so it is super noticeable like I have a dirty large streak that won't go away.

Also got a honed Carrara island and there is a inch long rust mark smack dab in the center of that too!!The worker

tried Acetone on the Carrara and that did not work.

What could be the causes of each of the problems I described? I am not trying to be a problem client but both of these things are in really obvious places.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!!

Comments (10)