SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

i'm not in love with my polished absolute black countertops

gillylily
14 years ago

Hi-

I haven't been on in a while b/c we have been adjusting to our new house, new schools, new everything.

LOVE the house, LOVE the kitchen.. but despite everyone's warnings with black (including the granite fabricator) I went along and purchased Absolute black for my perimeter countertops. I love my Typhoon Bordeaux on the island and in a dream world would have loved to have put that in my entire kitchen- but it,along with all the other upgrades around the house (new build), would have been too much.. Or so at the time my DH thought..

Ironically now he is saying why didn't we just bite the bullet. UGHH..

Anyway, I love the look of the two tone countertops, the idea of it and the theoretic design of it.. BUT...

I have two small children and a DH who "forgets" to clean his mess up right after or shortly after he makes it, so there are constantly water stains, cream cheese marks etc. on the countertop. Nothing that doesn't end up being cleaned up by the end of the day, and not that I wouldn't be wiping down at the end of the day anyway, but it is just frustrating to see so frequently, whereas on the Typhoon Bordeaux I can just look at it adoringly and wipe it down at night before I go to bed..

NO point to this thread.. Just a little vent and to say hi to everyone who has helped me out!! Once we are really complete I will be posting pictures!

Thanks for listening and reading!!!

Elissa

Comments (17)