SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srirambara

Advice needed on quote for hvac replacement

srirambara
11 years ago

Hi everybody,

Firstly, a big thanks to all the contributors on this forum. I have learnt more here ( than anyplace on the nternet)based on member postings that has really helped me make my decision.

My house currently has a 3 and a 5 ton unit for downstairs and upstairs. The current units are about 20 years old with more than its share of repairs done to them. I finally decided to replace because I cannot get the a/c unit to cool below 80f, when the outside is @100f.

I have 2 additional issues, where I was told that the heat load for my master bedroom and the game room is pretty high and the current system needs some modifications. The game room is accessible for new ducting, so another vent is going to be added into it. The master bedroom is in the first floor, with no access, so zoning was suggested. The contractor seems ok( I am not the best judge of people and tend to trust too soon ! :)). The following is what has been suggested to me for a total charge of $19,000.

16 seer american standard equipment:�

3 ton

4a7b4036e1

Aud1b080a9h3

4txcb004cc3

5 ton

4a7a5061e100

4txcd063

Aud2c100b9v5

Accuclean: afd245clfr000d

Honeywell UV system: UV100a1059

Attic tent: AT-2

Honeywell 6000 tstat: Th6220d5

2- additional returns

1- vsupply to game room

1 honeywell zoning system for master bedroom/master bath.

I was also told that the 3 ton unit does not have a variable blower and it would cost me $650 to upgrade to a variable blower setup.

Does all of this price estimates sound ok to the experts out here ?

Do you guys suggest any changes to equipment for better value for money?

Today the temps have been kind in the north Texas area. My a/c unit was able to get the temps to 77f. I am beginning to think that maybe I should kick this can down the road :)

Thanks in advance for your opinions

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert