SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Chemical burn from bleach. . .

User
14 years ago

I swear the internet is about worthless at times when you type in a simple question.

I normally use "natural" products for cleaning but do have a container of Softscrub with bleach under the skin for occasions. My kitchen sink needed a good scrub yesterday so I used the Softscrub. Later I noticed areas of my fingers on the left hand were stinging in the water. I figured it was because my hands are horribly dry and cracked right now so I didn't bother to really look. A couple hours later I discovered under my wedding rings was a rash/burn spot. You can actually tell where the rings were as they're more red where they sat on my fingers. the bleach must have sat under there and irritated the skin. Maybe I didn't rinse it all off right.

I took my wedding rings off last night and kept them off. The area is still red and dry and it looks like "tiny" little bumps are there.

My question is should I put anything on it to move the healing along faster? I was thinking Neosporin? The only site I found with any info said DO NOT put anything on it. See link.

I'm assuming it will go away in a few days and of course, if it doesn't I'll head to the Dr. I'm also figuring I should leave my rings off until it clears up.

Thoughts? In the future, if I use bleach I'll make a point to wear gloves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Under the First Aid -DO NOT section . .

Comments (20)