SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerpotmama

I was in the hospital because of my silly gallbladder!

flowerpotmama
15 years ago

On Saturday I was putzing around downtown with Annie and her friend from next door when my upper abdomen started to hurt. I ignored it for a few hours (I was at the thrift store, my very favourite place, lol) until it was really bad. I thought stopping at a restaurant and having a drink would help. It didn't and I even had to undo my pants (I did it so no one would notice, this is a small town!) because my belly was so bloated! I quickly got us home and pretty much collapsed on the couch and just writhed because it hurt so much. Jason took me to the hospital and I told them it felt like a gallbladder attack. (This one would be my third one) They thought it sounded like one so they gave me morphine and buscopan and I felt better in a few hours. They kept me overnight so I could rest and they could monitor me. Resting is very hard in the hospital however. LOL They even woke me up at 7:30am (after waking me up at 12, 3, and 6) to tell me I wasn't getting any breakfast and I should just go back to sleep. ?!?! LOL

They'll be sending me for an ultrasound so they can see what's going on. I'm sure it was a gallbladder attack. I had an intense, burning pain in the middle of my upper abdomen and some nausea. Can anyone share their experience? Thanks a bunch for "listening"!

Danielle

Comments (18)