SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19982892

Sometimes it just goes all wrong.....

User
13 years ago

....thankfully not often but I am close to having one more martini than is prudent!

It's our May long weekend here in Canada and the official start to the summer.

Cottage neighbours are hosting the fireworks for about 20 adults and maybe that many kids as well. My contribution was pulled pork, homemade buns, slaw and as a suprise I decided to make Pepperoni Rolls for the kids.

Well the pulled pork is so tough I can't beleive it! I smoked it for 6 hours and then did another 3 hours in a low oven and it's still like flippin' leather! Now I have it in a crock pot, shreded and in the sauce but it's not good, serioulsy tough! I really want to pitch it but the hostess is expecting my contribution.

I bought the pork butt at Whole Foods only because my butcher didn't have one, nor did any of the local stores I like.....so I bit the bullet and went to Whole Foods. I thought it looked lean when I put the rub on it but too late...I'm at the lake!

Also made home made buns, a very soft and sweet bun I love with pulled pork. Maybe because I was preoccupied with the pork, I put plastic wrap on top of them for the final rise, no oil or spray! Well as you can imagine when I removed the wrap it stuck and they deflated and never recovered.

So I have another batch rising.....

Good newws is LindaC's slaw is in the fridge and always a hit and the pepperoni rolls are gorgeous. The kids will love them.

But I am seriously ticked that my smoked offerings are carp!

Comments (17)