SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richard_f

Miele W1926 bites the dust after 15 years.

richard_f
11 years ago

First I want to thank the forum. It was in 1998 that I came here looking for info on FL's and caught Miele fever. I found a dealer, bought the W1926 and it has served us (a family of 4) faithfully for 15 years. We love that machine. We took it with us the last time we moved and it flawlessly handled everything we threw in it, including all the wash generated by two kids from infancy on. It now needs the motor replaced, a repair that will cost $825 plus tax, which I think is silly to spend on a 15 years old appliance, even a Miele.

So I have a W3033 on order and until next Friday when it gets installed we're going to the laundromat. The lower voltage. slower water heating doesn't bother me because most of our loads are done in warm and any germs that survive are going to die in the dryer. I do have to have an electrician come out and change the 220v line to a 110, which is not a big job. I found a lot of videos demonstrating the machine and how the controls work on youtube, which has been very helpful since our appliance dealer didn't have one on the floor for us to look at. I've also downloaded and read the manual.

The questions I have is for those of you who have transitioned from one of the old models like ours to the new ones are

- are the electronic controls convenient? It looks like more steps to customize the cycle than the old push buttons. For example, to run a quick wash cycle (38 minutes on warm with no prewash) I used to just have to hit "rapid wash". With the new machine I have to hit "Master care" then select express, then pick temperature.

- We're going from a 6kg size drum to a 5.5kg drum. I don't expect this to make much difference but am curious if anyone else felt differently after making the switch.

- Is there anyway to save a set of cycle settings so that they can be recalled and run with minimal re-input? I have this feature on our GE Profile gas dryer and really like it.

- Does anyone have any other words of wisdom to offer about making the transition from the old Miele to the new?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Richard

This post was edited by richard_f on Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 12:44

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz