SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Goodbye Miele W4842, Hello Electrolux Wave Touch

larsi_gw
14 years ago

Let me start off by saying, I still love my Miele dishwasher, ovens, ventilation hood and 2 canister vacuums.

In the last 16 years, we have owned 6 sets of Miele washers and dryers. 2 sets were 100% problem free from day one of ownership (standard capacity/Euro sized models).

We also had 2 W4840s and 2 W4842s. One W4840 was actually pretty great, but the other 3 had problem(s) from day ONE.

Our last replacment W4842 that was delivered on 4/16/10 arrived not working right at all. The spin cycle was VIOLENT. Even after Miele sent a new team out on Saturday, the shaking, vibrating and thrashing around was totally unacceptable. This being the 3rd W48xx model to not work correctly, I threw the towel in.

Sunday 4/18/10, a beautiful new 4.7 cu ft Electrolux Wave Touch dryer and a 8 cu ft electric Wave Touch dryer were delivered. They are amazing!! Without joking, you could set a thin crystal wine glass or a house made of stacked cards on top of the washer during it's Max spin cycle...and they would not move!

Plastics on the Electrolux are not as refined or high quality as on the Miele units, but the glass and metals used on the Electrolux are quite good. The stainless wash drum is beautiful, and I love that the wash paddles have holes in them (the clothes get wet and rinse faster and more efficiently).

The cycles that are offered on my Wave Touch are great. So far I've washed king sized blankets (thin comforters), lots of jeans, sheets, regular day to day clothes, towels...and EVERYTHING is fresher, softer and cleaner than in the Miele. Surprised actually.

The 8 cu foot Wave Touch dryer is a thing of beauty. It is SO, SO BIG. Clothes just bounce around, and barely touch each other. Nothing even has the slightest wrinkle or crease, and sheets look ironed. We're happy we spent the extra money on the Wave Touch model, since the Wave Touch has Perfect Tumble (reversing drum, like Miele has). The reversing drum combined with the enormous 8 cu ft drum is a dream!! The steam re-fresh cycle actually releases wrinkles...I was surprised it worked.

While I still love my Miele appliances, in my opinion Miele washers and dryers are not as bullet proof as they once were. Honestly, don't know, think or expect my new Electrolux units to last 15 years....But I'm happy they work when delivered, and my laundry has not looked this good in years!!!

Comments (22)