SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
footballmom_gw

Fun purchasing a new LG washer and dryer.....long

footballmom
16 years ago

Well, my dryer died soon after the dogs in my washer went bad. Both are 10 years old and we determined that even if the washer repair would be cheap, the dryer could be up to 300.00....not worth the expense for a machine I never really liked. Went off to get a new W/D after reading thread for days and spending 80.00 at the laundermat over a 10 day period.

Bought an LG mid-range pair over the net at local store. They set up deliver and the big day came. The guys only had the washer on the truck. Apparently they sent me an email the night before rescheduling the dryer until 10 days later. I had the delivery guys put the washer back on the truck after spending 40 minutes to determine this fact and the fact that another dryer could not be sent any sooner. I cannot go another 10 days without a washer and dryer, so I went to the sore to try to find a suitable replacement. I came to find out the special pricing I received from the same store via internet wasn't available in the store. They do not price match themselves.

It was then that they had me look at the LG steam washer and dryer( DH favorite). I reminded the salesman that it was to be stacked, and They told me no problem, same process as the other models and a discount could be had on this model in store. Made arrangements to have it delivered on Tuesday. I just found out that the dryer cannot be used properly if stacked as it has a fill compartment on the top of the machine. I am 5'10", but cannot see myself reaching to fill the compartment on the top of a stacked system. I am going back to the store again today to make arrangement to cancel yet another W/D and try to find one to be delivered by the next millenium.

I really just want as working set of machines at this point... URGH!!!!!

Comments (7)