SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravenaussie

Washer Conundrum

ravenaussie
14 years ago

a couple weeks back, my 14 year old Maytag washer decided to start the nasty habit of smoking. Oh, and the 'death screech' was something to behold. So now i'm left with a decision as to which washer to purchase. My choices are limited due to being a victim of this 'Great Recession', so i'm looking at the 'up to $650 range'.

Now i have been reading this website and others and I'm frankly horrified at what my choices are. Not only do i have to decide top loader vs. front loader. I also have to decide which nuisance i want...my choices seem to be a washer that produces mold and mildew and makes your clothes smell like wet dog...or one that twists and rips your clothes into small balls; convenient maybe, but i hate ironing. On top of that, it seems none of these last longer than a couple of years before i have to replace a control panel, or a pump, or some other kind of gizmo that really shouldn't be in a wet environment unless it's well sealed.

Anyway, here are my choices so far...I have narrowed them down to HE top loaders and front loaders. I'm willing to give the non agitating kind a chance to come into the 21st Century. I am a closet geek after all...and i will be willing to re-learn how to do laundry. :)

GE Profile wpre8150 or 6150

Whirlpool Cabrio wtw 6500

Maytag Bravo mvwb300w

LG 2101H

Whirlpool Duet wfw9450w

Bosch Vision 300 wfvC3300

so now i have to pick my poison...which headache do i want? lol

all suggestions are welcomed...

Comments (21)