SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john91c_gw

Need help with choosing a Front-Load Washer

John91C
13 years ago

Hello...we are new to the forum and would like to participate with our 1st post!

We are moving into a home within the next few weeks and we are looking for a new Front-Load W/D.

Price is not a huge factor...reliability and quality are what matter to us...

A few things about us: we are in the U.S., family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 4 & 2), and currently we are doing our laundry in a HE Maytag top load washer, 2 times a week with about 3-4 loads each time.

This will be our first front-load washer...

We are deciding between:

1) Whirlpool WFW97HEX with matching electric dryer

2) Miele W4842 with matching electric dryer

3) Bosch 800 series with matching electric dryer.

I've read multiple pros/cons on each company and am royally confused!

We like the Whirlpool because of their new "automatic" detergent dispenser and ability to detect water conditions and it automatically determines the amount of detergent to dispense for those conditions...we also like the fan fresh option because we sometimes leave our last load in over-night.

What we don't know is the overall reliability of the new 97HEX model...the 94HEX got the #1 ranking on consumer reports and 97HEX got #3.

We like the Miele because of the honey-comb technology, build quality and from what I've read a very good machine at cleaning clothes...

What we don't like about Miele is the 4.0 cu size (according to the manual you can only do up to a full size comforter).

I'm hesitant on Bosch from the reviews I've read about noise level/overall cleaning quality.

We are honestly leaning towards the Whirlpools but I would like everyone's opinion/suggestions...I know Miele is a great quality brand but is it that much better?

Many thanks...John & Kate

Comments (8)