SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ifoco

Need advice on Frigidaire Gallery Front Load Washer Model# FWT 449GFS2

ifoco
8 years ago

Hi,

The Frigidaire Gallery Front load washing was purchased in Jan of 2000. A few weeks ago while doing towels I heard a HUGE cracking sound. I noticed the formica counter that used to be caulked to the wall had pulled away about an inch. Since that event, the machine makes a horrendous racket and tries to walk around during the various spin cycles. Once it gets out of balance, I am not able to open the door to redistribute the load. The machine has been re leveled, but still gets out of balance with towels.. Could something else have happened during the first Huge cracking event or is it just a leveling problem? It works fine with a normal load of clothes. I think it might be somewhat louder than I recall but not certain it actually is. In light of the fact this machine is 15 years old, I hesitate to put a lot of money into repairs. My last service call for my Bosch dishwasher was $150 not including parts.

I went on line to see if I can find the same model and how much they cost 15 years later; couldn't find the exact model. Reading the reviews on a similar washer did not make me want to rush out to make a purchase.

Anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be and how to fix it? I believe we have replaced the water pump plus a couple of knobs. Other than that, it has worked great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Inga

Comments (9)