SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comom27

Front Load Washers, please help

comom27
12 years ago

I have looked at the historical posts and still would like to start my own thread, hope that's ok.

I am planning to purchase a FL washing machine. My research is making me want to tear out my hair! I go to three different consumer review sites and they have three different leaders (heck their top 5-10 seem to be different.

So, please help - I need large capacity, like the idea of some quick cycles, am undecided on steam. I have three kids and we do TONS of laundry - including lots and lots of baseball clothes (read much ground in dirt). I know that I want an on-board heater but am unclear if that automatically includes washers with steam cycle or if they are separate features.

From what I've been reading in this forum I am sort of leaning toward the Electrolux but then when I go look it up I don't find solid reviews and I have a dear friend that is less than thrilled with hers (says it is just ok). We have a Miele vaccuum so I appreciate their quality but I don't think the washer will have the capacity I need.

I see great reviews on the Samsung but then terrible reviews on their customer service.

Is there anyone out there that can help me untangle my mind around this. I do not need anyone to suggest a TL, we are going to purchase a FL.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Comments (32)