SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
appliance_researcher

New and Upcoming: GE Profile 'SmartDispense' FL washer and dryer

Hello all!

Just thought I'd share this bit of info I got from the GE website. Saw these at the Seattle Home Show a few weeks ago and they had a really cool look, although I'm not sure I'd want that "SmartDispense" feature that stores detergent and fabric softener in the pedestals. What if I wanted to change detergents for a specific load of clothes? What if I wanted to use powdered detergents? What if I don't want to use fabric softener? I really don't see the appeal in that feature, but that's just me. Unless I'm missing something and maybe there is a way to override the SmartDispense feature.

I don't see a space where I can place a link so I will just paste it here (below), right into the post. These are to hit stores in summer and it will be interesting to see how they do considering that the current GE FL (NOT the one made by Electrolux sold at Home Depot) seems to get quite a few negative reviews. Enjoy the info!! :o)

GE Profile "SmartDispense" FL washer and dryer:

http://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances/washers_and_dryers/Frontload2008.htm

Comments (5)