SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall2000

Posted on plumbing, hoped someone here might help...

lmhall2000
16 years ago

I tried my best but the 10 minutes my husband had to take to find our cut-off and then find a tool that would wrench it closed caused a constant geyser of water to flood our bathroom during a remodel.

I tried to redirect the excessive water into the exposed toilet drain but a good bit made it down the floor vent that was exposed...when my husband went into the crawlspace to see it, there was a large bulge in the ductwork and he drilled a hole into it to let it drain out...

The question is...do we need to replace that bit of ductwork? Any issues in having that much water flush through it?

Also the previous homeowners had the only vent in this bathroom cut out below their vanity...even though they had a vent cut into the toe kick of the vanity I bet very little air was coming through...no directional vent leading it out..just a hole in the ground then the vent on the vanity...should we just move this vent, replace all the ductwork leading to it?

Thanks for your help! Oh and a tip on plugging up dikes...don't use your finger!

Tara

Comment (1)