SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct991

trying to decide b/w whirlpool wfw9200 and samsung wf337

ct991
16 years ago

Hi all,

I've been trying to decide which washer/dryer set to purchase for a while. I've read as much as I could online and I know that there are people who rave about both models.

What I can't decide is whether or not Samsung's VRT is worth an extra $350. The units I get will be going into a top floor laundry "closet" in a townhouse, so they will be stacked. Noise and vibration are important since it is adjacent to a couple of bedrooms.

I was originally looking at an LG, but was advised against it for vibration reasons. I was then recommended the Whirlpool because it had the "6 point suspension" which is supposed to improve things quite a bit. Then I got to looking at the Samsung, and from what I've heard seems to be the tops for low-noise/low-vibration. What I can't find is how much of a difference there really is. Is the Samsung really so superior to the Whirlpool in this respect, or is the difference a subtle one?

Is there anyone that has "experienced" both machines, or has some other relevant experience they can share? Thanks.

PS: SilverCare doesn't really matter to me.

Chris

Comments (4)