SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

Really water-tight containers.

mudlady_gw
14 years ago

When I go on vacation I always carry an ice chest. I usually have soda and milk which are tall items, and then I may add things like mayo, mustard, green salad, salad dressing, mac or potato salad, home cooked casseroles, lunch meat and cheese. I try to picnic as much as possible to keep down the cost of meals. If I do eat in a restaurant I always take any left overs and they usually require refrigeration. I always have a problem, no matter how careful I am, with food items sliding around in the ice box and eventually, going under water. If I constantly remove the melted ice water, the ice box does a poor job of keeping things cold. Milk and soda stay nicely cold if I keep some ice water. When I can find it, I buy a block of ice rather than cubes. I have tried things like placing sandwiches or lunchmeat and cheese in zipped plastic bags. I carry plastic storage bowls for other items. I do my best to arrange the contents so that the containers do not slip under water, but the starts and stops of driving almost always result in shifting of contents. So--does anyone know of containers that are really water proof? Thanks.

Nancy

Comments (36)