SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Seventh Generation Dryer Sheets

larsi_gw
13 years ago

I have not used dryer sheets in years & years, mainly due to the fact that they get stuck to the air intake holes/grid in Miele dryers and can cause an overheat warning and shut the machine down. And, that they are made of polyester, gooey chemicals, clog moisture sensors, etc. etc

So, I read several good reviews about the Seventh Generation dryer sheets. They are made from compostable paper and are chemical free. The directions say to tear at the perforated seams, to avoid sheets getting stuck on the dryer's intake holes/grid.

I did just this, and they still got STUCK! It seems there is no dryer sheet that works in a Miele.

Yes, yes....I have the Bounce dryer installed in my Miele T9802, but it is almost ONE year old, and it has not worn down in the slightest bit. Seriously, you can still see and feel the embossed BOUNCE writing that's on the bar. It is not smaller or flatter. I guess a Miele dryer does not get hot enough to melt the bar onto the clothes (a good thing I guess). There are times when I just want to use detergent and not use liquid softener (nice not to have to clean the FS tray), but my son's schools have a lot of cotton/poly and poly items...and I need static reducing.

Seems, I am stuck with Downy for life. Tried easily 10 other kinds of softeners, and they either did too little, or too much softening/fragracing/coating!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations