SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodkine

To Temp or not to Temp: Why is Miele 4.0 cu better than the rest?

goodkine
16 years ago

Before I shell out $2000 plus on the 4860 washer (i've already researched the dryer and am confident by my findings that MANY other are just as good [gas or elec] so I won't bore the experts threaders), I'd like to know if there are ANY 4.0 capacity washers that DON'T have an automatic temperature control.

Or even if other models get as HOT as the Miele 4840. I feel like I'm led to believe that the Miele is the hottest temperature available for consumer 4.0 capacity washers and I'd like to know if that is true.

If you happen to know of any max capacity dryers that DON'T have moisture control (thermostat i assume would be what I'm looking for), that info would be welcomed as well.

LAYMAN DISCLAIMER: I am under the impression that most fancy FL washers with all of these nifty digital/computer options run "by themselves" after you "choose your settings" anyway, so my take is that I at LEAST want water level control and temperature options. Is that asking too much? Am I ignorant of new laws that don't allow this anymore? Do I HAVE to buy a Miele if I want the #1 scalding hot water machine for my whites/soiled garments?

Comments (8)