SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Memory foam topper - zones?

Jamie
12 years ago

I hope somebody can tell me about memory foam texture. Please let me know if this post belongs elsewhere. I didn't see a sleeping forum.

We're in a furnished rental at the moment. The bed has a memory foam topper which is very comfortable and I want to purchase one for our own bed. This is the only MF I've ever slept on.

The surface of the topper we're sleeping on has different zones, and it looks like the old egg crate pads -- except the bumps are waves, doughnuts, and zigzags instead of regular egg crates. Do the different textures really make that much of a difference in how comfortable the bed feels?

I see lots of MF toppers for sale that are just flat -- no egg crates, and a few that have the same texture all over. The ones with zones are usually thinner and cheaper.

I haven't been hot in this bed, but it's a full foot larger than our own bed, and I'm afraid the flat MF, an maybe even the bumpy one, will be too hot when we get back into our own smaller bed. Does air circulating around the egg crates help keep the topper from being so hot?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert