SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keyjey_gw

LG says 83* is hot wash. What to buy?

11 years ago

We have a new LG WT4870CW HE washer. Service was called the first day because we didn't get a hot water wash leading to 3 replaced parts, including the main board to no avail. LG cust svc said 120* was hot and emailed a specs chart to me that said just that. Cust svc 2 & 3 both said 120* but now LG says 83* is a hot water wash and the written specs are recommended temps but not the actual. Further, LG suggests that our temps in 70s, 80s and a few times over a hundred are within the expected range for hot. Most recently, LG suggested the 83* temp is the machine protecting our clothing as if it can tell if I am washing a silk blouse or a soiled diaper.

Hot water out of the tap is 140* and we've primed the hot water to no avail. LG was highly rated by Consumer Reports which is increasingly suspect in my eyes.

The store has agreed to take the washer and dryer (never hooked up while we dealt with the washer) back and now we are looking for something else.

Can anyone recommend a top loading washer HE or not that will achieve a hot water wash? We can't use Maytag because of how the dryer vent is situated. I've searched archives and read this: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg051624036767.html

Thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville