SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judithn_gw

Fundraising for Animal Rescue: Any Ideas?

judithn
13 years ago

I know there are dozens of animal lovers on this board, I'm one too! Over the past few years I've gotten involved with a small volunteer run cat rescue organization. They are a legit charity (meaning donations are tax deductible) and they are the animal rescue partner for my local Petsmart, meaning rescue animals are shown on weekends at the Petsmart store. Some stay at the store but most live in foster homes during the week. This organization has helped hundreds of kitties find good homes. Cats receive medical care and shots too, all of which costs $$$$. It has become very hard to find vets who will discount or donate services (we operate north of Philadelphia) in our area. I just had a small kitten spend two nights in emergency care (sadly he did not pull through) and it cost well over $1000. As I've gotten more involved I've realized that along with good volunteers, you need money. I want to do a fundraising event of some kind to benefit this organization. I just can't figure out what this even or activity should be. Do we sell something? Do we hold a party? An auction? People are busy and are being hit with requests for money from all kinds of groups. If you've done anything like this or have any ideas, please share! Thank you so much.

Comments (14)