SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcclintons_gw

my sad lg service story--steamwasher

mcclintons
16 years ago

I bought the LG Washer WM2688H*M and the accompanying dryer model. Spent nearly $3000 for the set, the risers, and the extended warranty through Home Depot in Oklahoma City. I took delivery of these items October 4, 2007. So, here we sit not quite 5 months from time of purchase with a non-working washer. It croaked on February 9th with a tE error code. No solutions provided for some home maintenance, only the prompt to call for service. I called LG immediately. They referred me to a service provider locally. We live in rural Oklahoma, but less that 10 miles from this provider, Weatherly's RCA and Appliance in Elk City, OK. Oh, when I called them on the 9th, the first thing they wanted to know was if I had purchased these units from them. I politely explained that no, I hadn't, but I had priced them from them before purchase and they were nearly $1000 higher than Home Depot. I was then told they would take care of THEIR customers first and they would get to me when they could. Still waiting for that call... I called LG again on the 15th and told them of this tale. Apologetic, they gave me yet another servicer in Cordell, Cordell TV and Appliance. That lady told me in no uncertain terms that because I didn't buy LOCALLY that she would put me on her list, but there are "at least 50 service calls in front" of me that are THEIR customers. I called LG again. Told them of this and explained, once again, that I had purchased the extended warranty on both items, not to mention that the original warranty is still in effect, and it is absolutely ridiculous that their licensed retailers have this attitude. They get paid either way! LG sent my CASE to a case manager that was to call me in 3 days with another service provider that WOULD repair my unit. Three days passed with no call. I called again. LG then told me that it is really 3 to 5 days and assured me I would get a call. Five additional days passed with no call. I called again today on the 23rd. LG said apologetically again, by the way, apologies don't fix my washer...anyway, they said they would again send me to a case manager and promised a return call back. They also said that their notes reflect they are trying to get the original servicer, Weatherly's, to come repair it, but hadn't been able to make contact yet. Give me a break! I love these units. They do a wonderful job! But, I am extremely dismayed at this point. We have several kids still at home, my husband works in the oilfield and we have a pig farm. I work full time outside the home. The laundry mat is just not an acceptable option! I did it this past Monday and spent a fortune at $4.50 a load!!! I found and ordered the repair manual for $18 off the internet and read it. I found and ordered the part to repair the machine ($12.95 from Parts Store online for the Thermistor). I didn't tell LG I have one coming my way. I asked them to send me the part to repair the machine, provided the part name and number, and they refused to do this. They, of course, can only send parts to the servicers who OBVIOUSLY aren't servicing me! Home Depot is 100 plus miles away and it takes at least an hour and a half one way...uninstalling the machine and taking it to them is a last option. Does anyone have any idea of how to get my washer fixed by LG???? My part I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I figure if I install it, I will void all warranties. If anyone has a better idea of a solution, I would love to hear it! Riding the fence on recommending LG products!--TL McClinton

Comments (4)