SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
germic_gw

Miele W4840 vs LG WM3885

germic
13 years ago

Help!

My machine has died. need to get new one asap. narrowed it to these 2 choices.

Miele - W4840 - has anti flood feature. 4.0 cubic feet. sales person said would last 20 years. solid construction. less bells and whistles.

LGWM3885 - has steam feature, 4.8 cubic feet, digital display, sales person said less longevity, maybe 10 years.

i do 2-6 loads of wash daily.

LG - so bigger capacity is great. the digital display will help all family members know what features to use for what. that said, i worry will the digital display have more parts that break? my friends like their LGs.

i don't know anyone with Miele. the internet has many people who love and hate both brands. i know bigger capacity is important to me. the steam on the LG dryer sounds like i would use it. but will the Miele be more solid and last longer??? Miele is more money, but both are in my price range, so i'm just trying to get a solid, high capacity unit, with easy use. etc. any advice is most welcome! I wash a lot in cold water, the salesperson showed me how the LG has many ways it spins in cold water to ensure a good clean.

overall, i'm leaning to LG. but not sure. i like to have features but i want it to be solid. is the LG high on repairs? i welcome any advice.

thanks!

Comments (12)