SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

latest thinking... Miele vs. Whirlpool?

mamadadapaige
12 years ago

I posted a few weeks back looking for advice. Still confused and ready to make a decision - looking for last bit of advice.

I had been thinking of the Miele W4842 washer with matching dryer - originally thought I needed a gas dryer but now am finding it is electric (we are buying this house - don't currently live there thus the ignorance on my part). Not sure it really makes a big difference.

Have found that the dryer is on the LEFT... would love to find a washer with hinge on the right - if anyone is aware please let me know. Tried to search for it here but came up with too many results.

I got approval for the Miele Architects and Designers personal use program so my price would be about $2500 for the pair plus $198 for each to extend the warranty for five years (whichever model I choose I want to purchase the extended warranty given my so-so luck with appliances).

I visited the store yesterday and was able to cross the Electrolux off my list - I don't think I could live with the push button door. I thought the Asko machines looked good (they had a pair on sale for $1499 but no steam in the dryer and this is one item I would really like to have).

I'd be looking at about $2000 for the Whirlpool Duet with steam or $2700 for the higher end model of Whirlpool Duet. These looked really nice - loved the large size and they area apparently pretty good in terms of reliability.

Any last minute advice for me?

Any ideas of right hinge washing machines?

THANKS!

Comments (25)