SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Another Knee topic, tell me about your surgeries

Oakley
14 years ago

For those of you who had knee surgeries, how did it begin and what led to the surgery?

I'm kind of freaked out right now. For the past couple of years when I would put my jeans on, raising the leg, knee and calf going to an angle, it hurt like he!!, then it would stop. When I'd put my tennis shoes on, I'd have to lift the leg with my hands and put it across my other leg to get the shoe on.

For the past few months I've had no problems at all. However, yesterday I was holding my grandson on the couch. I had my right leg (the bad knee) up and over my left thigh. Sitting like a man. lol

When I moved my knee to get up, the pain was excruciating and I couldn't move it! I had to sit there for a minute or so until I could finally manage to move it without it killing me. All was fine after that.

This afternoon for some reason my knee started aching when I walked. It's on the left side of the knee. Just sitting her in my chair it's aching.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on? I told my Dr. about the earlier pain when it was happening and he said not to worry about it unless it gets really bad and I'd need surgery.

Should I start worrying? heh

Comments (18)