SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faux_natic

Maytag Dryer Model #MDG5806AWW Not Drying Completely

faux_natic
11 years ago

Hello,

I hope I am in the correct forum. If not, could someone be so kind as to direct me to a forum that is appropriate for my question? Thank you.

Maytag Dryer Model #MDG5806AWW

A week ago I noticed I had to start the dryer again for another drying cycle as the loads were coming out damp.

I immediately thought it was the washer (matching) not spinning the clothes enough.
It turned out to be the dryer so I started Googling and trouble-shooting the problem.

Every site I went to suggested removing the front of the dryer to get to the underside of the front lint filter.

I did that.
I unplugged the dryer. Pried up lid then removed front.
I used a brush to remove lint that was stuck anywhere, then a vacuum to remove all the loose lint.
I then went to the back of the dryer and removed the hose leading outside.
I cleaned out the hose very well of all lint.
I put my hand (and flashlight) into the the back of the dryer where the silver coil hose, leading outside, attaches.
I made sure there was nothing clogging that area.
I went outside and double-checked the vent, the flaps to the vent.

I finally got to try the dryer this morning and still, not enough heat to dry the clothes completely on the cycle I had always dried the clothes. I ended up having to turn the dryer on again for another 20 minutes.

Had I not just paid for a new water heater (ours went out after 16 years two weeks ago) and depleted the little savings we had, I would have called a Maytag repair person by now.

Not wanting to take out a small loan just to repair the dryer, would anyone know or have an idea of what the trouble could be?
Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Comments (3)