SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irislover7b

want to dilute Iron Chef sauce for lower sodium..

irislover7b
16 years ago

I don't guess "dilute" is the right word, maybe "stretch" the sauce with something that will lower the sodium content? I got a bottle of Iron Chef General Tso's sauce the other day. The bottle says to stir fry 1/2 pound of chicken thigh meat (I was going to use breast) and use 1/2 cup of the sauce. The sauce has 240 mg. sodium for a 2-tablespoon serving. It doesn't say how many servings the 1/2 pound of chicken with 1/2 cup of sauce would be. I'm thinking that 2 tablespoons isn't much sauce, so would there be something I could add to the sauce to stretch it, but it still taste good? I was planning to add vegetables to the chicken, too, and serve it with rice. One of the people I'm cooking for is on a sodium restricted, low fat diet. The sauce ingredients are sugar, naturally brewed soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, sea salt), water, vinegar, food starch (modified), tomato paste, fresh garlic, dried garlic, red peppers, expeller pressed soybean oil, dried miced onions and no msg. It actually says "miced" onions instead of "minced" on the label.

Comments (4)