SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amysrq

Icestone counters...need help w/ backsplash tile

amysrq
15 years ago

Here is a pic of my countertop. It is Icestone Sage Pearl. The concrete is a grayish white and the "bits" are recycled bottle glass and oyster shell. The shell ranges in color from a pale amber to pearly gray.

{{gwi:1579791}}

This is the kitchen:

{{gwi:1579793}}

I was going to use a green glass subway tile, but somewhere along the way I decided I liked the monochromatic look of a warm beige glass against the neutral walls. But now, I am thinking that pale beige glass subway is kind of boring and I think it's going to need to be cleaned every time I cook (3x/day).

What is interesting is that even though the Icestone is really pretty, it doesn't bring the sparkle I though it would to the overall look of the kitchen. At least not like a fabulous backsplash does. My last kitchen has Oceanside Glasstile mosaic and it was a real beauty. The Icestone doesn't give you a wow unless you're looking right at it. I am wondering if that gives me more leeway to do a splashy tile.

My question is this: How far can I go with tile? Can I do a mosaic or will it just put the whole thing over the top? I am looking at Malaga Cove Butterscotch Pearl which I'll link to below. It would pull the oyster shell I think...

Anyone who's read this far...thanks! I know I get ramble-y! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: What about this?

Comments (42)