SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Pot filler w/ this backsplash too busy? Slab or tile backsplash?

Madeline616
12 years ago

Hello,

Demolition starts this week, and I've made every major decision, with the help of kind and generous GWers, except for the backsplash.

I had it narrowed down to WZ Ashbury (an Arabesque pattern) and the Ann Sacks Glace Iridescent glass 1x6" tile, color ice, seen in the pics below. I think I'm going with Ann Sacks.

I have u-shaped countertop area where I'll definitely have a tile backsplash, like in the first pic below.

Then, I have a nook where the range is. It will be very similar--white mantel style hood, Wolf AG range with black knobs-- to the range area shown in the photos below (from a Traditional Home mag spread on Christopher Peacock's kitchen). I won't have open shelving on the sides, though.

For the range area backsplash, I can't decide whether to do a slab of the same marble I'm using for the countertop (Vermont Danby Olympia White), or the Ann Sacks tile with a "frame" of marble surrounding 3 sides, as seen in the pics below.

I've been planning on a pot filler, which I think would look just fine with a slab marble backsplash.

Would a pot filler look too busy with the Ann Sacks tile/frame of marble seen in the pics below??

Also, I'd really appreciate opinions on slab vs. tile for the nook behind the range.

Thanks!!

Comments (9)