SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Easter Dinner and a gift from Brenda

annie1992
15 years ago

OK, so I'm a week late, somehow life has been happening this week and I've been remiss.

Anyhow, we did have Easter Dinner. The Princess was all dressed up and perfectly accessorized thanks to our friend San, who sent her a beautiful pink purse. It "perfectly accessorized" the "beautiful dress" the Princess wore for Easter. She's been talking to Aunt Ashley, can you tell? She says Aunt Ashley tells her that "accessories are important". LOL I told her Aunt Ashley was full of hot air, muck boots are actually what's important. (grin)

So, the perfectly accessorized Princess:

She didn't even get dirty hunting for eggs. Somehow that darned Easter Bunny made a heckuva mess in the backyard, dropping eggs everywhere. The Princess and Bruvver had to help me clean up:

As if that wasn't enough fun, as soon as we could get Bruvver to stop eating chocolate bunnies, we opened the gift from Brenda. Two dozen cascarones, egg shells dyed and filled with confetti, then sealed with tissue paper. The shower of confetti is supposed to bring a shower of good luck.

Amanda made sure David got some good luck, while Ashley showered Adam, her current boyfriend:

Makayla and Bud made sure Elery didn't miss out on the good luck either:

Ashley is just covered with good luck:

My mother is trying to stay out of luck's way, but the Princess eventually caught her unawares.

Oh look how much my girls love each other, LOL. Amanda snuggled up just long enough to swipe Ashley's banana cream pie...

My stepmother just looks on and The Princess and Elery wait for the rest of us to get to the table. And yes, David did eventually remove the hat but he kept the bottle of Mountain Dew. (grin) And yes, that's my mother with the camera. David calls her the "paparazzi".

We had a lovely centerpiece of that sugar egg I made last year and some cupcakes my mother brought:

I didn't get a really good picture, but the tablecloth was also a wedding gift from San.

The meal consisted of salmon on the grill, turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, harvard beets, homemade rolls, banana cream pie, cupcakes, chocolate cake, homemade ice cream and some homemade mango/lime sorbet. There were definitely leftovers and there's a reason I had to tell you the menu. My mother took leftover salmon home with her, and the rest of the bottle of Paul Newman red wine. I told her to be careful, if she got stopped the police would find half a bottle of wine, confetti in her hair and her car would smell like fish. They'd think she was a party girl. She just laughed and told me she WAS a party girl. At 76, LOL.

And so another Easter has come and gone. We're all healthy, happy and well fed and I can't ask for more.

Annie

Comments (8)