SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bj_inatlanta

Too much gift wrap & gift bags

bj_inatlanta
17 years ago

My earlier post evaporated into computer outer space. I'm lost in the length of posting on the "Too much" thread and hope everyone will agree to a new subdivision for gift wrap, gift bags, and gifts bought in advance.

OK, I'm lazy and fumble-fingered so I love to use paper gift bags with coordinating tissue and hanging tags. How do you store this so you can reasonably access the various sizes??

I always end up with gifts (like big tools for DH) that are in huge boxes or require boxes, so I can't bag them. That means rolls of gift wrap. And, I'm cheap/poor so I use el cheapo curling ribbon. (Also never could tie a pretty fabric ribbon bow). Thanks to Celtic and tally sue I'll toss the printed Christmas wrap and use white paper with holiday color ribbon.

Lastly, we have some health problems that create sudden crises--never know when--so I like to buy gifts way in advance. Some I even wrap ahead. Lots of stuff to store.

Building a new house. I wrap on Dining Room table and have planned a closet into the Dining Room. After serving pieces and table linens, I figure I have half the closet for wrap of all these types and gifts.

Any ideas for how to handle the entire gifting scene?

Comments (18)