SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cluelesshusbandman

How to place duet 8500 Sport into 'forced' or 'test' spin mode?

cluelesshusbandman
17 years ago

Anyone know the key sequence to force the Duet 8500 washer into a "test" spin mode. I am trying to get this thing to quit making noise (sounds like the right side panel is vibrating like a drum during high-speed spins). The washer doesnÂt shake real bad, although much more than I would like, but if I rest my palm on the right side panel the noise level goes way, way down.

I have pulled the pedestal drawer so I have unfettered access to the leveling feet, but the issue is I have to wait many minutes for it to enter spin cycle even on the shortest cycle. There has to be some button combination that will allow for me to "force" it to spin at high speed. That way I can dynamically adjust the feet until the noise goes away. The washer is perfectly level front-back and side-side and is resting on concrete covered by non-padded vinyl flooring.

When Lowes "installed" it reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer brings over the "Commando 8000", sits it in the window, lowers the shade and says "INSTALLED". They didn't check the level, didn't lock the feet, etc.

The leveling was off 1/2 inch front to back, which my wife and I fixed this evening, but the vibrating noise remained.

As a side note, having the pedestals make it extremely easy to adjust the rear feet which would be next to impossible in a lot of typical installs since side access might be severely limited.

Comments (7)