SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_harper2

How much space (width) for stacked Samsungs?

chris_harper2
13 years ago

We recently purchased the Samsung WF520/DV520 washer/dryer with the stacking kit.

We would like to move it out of our basement and onto our main floor but only have one tiny alcove in our master closet, which is 29" wide and 41" deep. We have electric and plumbing directly below this space and they would back up to an exterior wall so venting outside is possible. I've already had plumbers and electricians look at the space and they say we're fine to do this.

I can put an access hole on one side which will allow me to reach in and hook up or unhook plumbing, venting and electic.

But I'm still concerned that moving such a bulky unit into such a tight space will be a nightmare. Is an inch of clearance on either side of a 27" unit enough? They will have to be moved in already bolted together.

My other concern is how to do the venting. I could probably just do a short run of rigid line directly from the exhaust port and out the back of the house but everything would have to be lined up perfect.

Or I could just cut my exhaust port to the one side of the dryers and just use flex line to finish the run. This would probably be easier and give me the most options. Any thoughts?

Sorry if this has been covered before. I did a search and found related topics but nothing that directly addressed my space issues. Thanks.

We are happy to consider a different stacking unit for this space but have concerns with vibration since our main floor is built on 2x10 lumber joists. Any suggests here are welcome.

Comment (1)